Mar 17, 2010

Inspired by Swiss Miss

Amy Wenzel is reading my blog??

The thought makes me nervous…and excited. Hi Amy! Okay…now I’m blushing!

Why, you ask? Who is Amy Wenzel – and why is it a big deal that she’s reading your blog, Elizabeth?

Amy is only THE best children’s photographer in the world! And she’s reading my blog because I’m trying to win a spot in her uber-fabulous workshop!

Here’s the scoop on the contest for the workshop spot from Amy and i heart faces:
"Tell us how you love, serve or inspire other people in your life, and what attending the workshop might mean for your photography journey.”

Second part of that question first:

Amy’s work has truly inspired me! I randomly found her website (check it out if you want to be blown away) after seeing Amy and her husband’s Christmas card on my friend’s fridge 2 years ago. It was the most beautiful card I’ve ever seen and I had to learn more about this girl’s work.

My plan since then has been to hurry up and finish having kids one after another (ha, ha – my blog readers know this isn’t even a joke) and then head up to Grand Rapids for a family photo shoot.
I never thought that I would ever be able to take decent pictures of my own kids in the meantime. I thought this:

A Nice Expensive Camera = Great Pictures

Right?

Wrong!

I bought a nice camera a couple years ago but had no idea how to use it. I wasn’t inspired to put the time in and learn the technicalities of photography…and photoshop was so intimidating!

Then I saw this picture on Amy's site. It moved me and truly inspired me to sign up for a photography class and start pouring time into this new found passion.

I’m FAR from being a great photographer (which is why I’m dreaming about Amy’s workshop) but here’s a little before & after to show you the inspiration I got from Amy.

before
What’s exposure? White balance, huh? Composition…what does that mean?



after

My little baby Emerald. Far from perfect shot (and lots of playing in PS by me and dear Ruth) – but with the limited knowledge I had at the time – much better.

Imagine what could happen if I had a chance to learn from the best?
Amy, please pick me! I’ll make you proud!

First part of the contest question – how do I love, serve, or inspire other people in my life?
I love and serve my husband and three babies every day. I pray that I inspire them by encouraging their passions and nurturing the talents and abilities God gave them. And right now…I’m really hoping I can inspire my son to use the big potty!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a great opportunity, Elizabeth! I can't think of anyone more deserving than you are. Besides, the more you learn about photography, the more accurately you'll be able to capture the adorableness of my nieces and nephew!

    By the way, I'm pretty sure Amy's husband David went to Cedarville while I was there. You would have already graduated by the time he got there, though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Bloglovin Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email RSS RSS