Jul 21, 2013

designed my own pinny

I was recently introduced to an adorable pattern by Boo! Designs. Pattern Revolution is having a Pinny Challenge using the Design Your Own Pinny by Boo! and I thought a pinny would be a fun addition to the girls' wardrobe. Since you layer the pinny over a shirt it works for summer and can easily move to fall as well.
There are no pattern pieces in this pattern, only measurements. I always prefer having actual pattern pieces because I don't use a rotary mat and cutter so I'm less precise in cutting based on measurements. But overall, it was an easy pattern to sew, has lots of customizing possibilities, and Isa is completely in love with her new dress!
I modified/added a few features to my pinny like the piping detail on the front bodice, the lace sleeve caps, the ties in the back, and the pocket. I imagine I'll be making more of these in the future. Isa has already asked if I'd make a matching one for me so we can "look the same." Hmmm. Not sure about that. But it looks pretty sweet on her.

8 comments:

  1. I love this, it is so precious! I remember wearing one when I was a kid - you can make me a matching one. :) Also, Isa is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very lovely and oh so girly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. children@live.com.auJuly 23, 2013 at 2:54 AM

    Hi :-)
    Is this for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your interest in the pinny. I made it for my little girl and she would be crushed if I sold it. The pattern is easy though and worth a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guess what! You're a winner! email me!A winning pinny! Who else is a lucky lady? Check the blog to find out! http://patternrevolution.com/blog/2013/7/23/boo-pinny-challenge-winners

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! Thank you SO much! I emailed you. What a fun contest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your win in the Design Your Own Pinny Challenge!!! I love the combination of fabrics you've used and the piping is just perfect. I'm only new to using a rotary cutter, so I still often use my scissors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this little pinnie! I am often tempted to match my girls too.. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Bloglovin Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email RSS RSS