Jun 3, 2013

Spring Collection 2013...a dress

Several months ago I started working on a Spring Collection for my girls. Well...I got stuck not blogging about it because I wanted it to be done, and now we're in summer. Oops!

I had hoped to make a few more pieces, but overall I'm really happy with the 'collection.' The girls love it too!

Over the next week or two I'll share all the pieces of the collection and I'm starting off with my favorite. (well...I have several favorites - this is one of them)

It's called the Scirocco dress by Figgy's Patterns. I have several of Figgy's patterns and love them...but this dress is near and dear to me because I was shocked to actually be able to sew it! It looks so complicated but it is actually a pretty quick little dress to whip up. I highly recommend it.

And my girls LOVE it. They get compliments everywhere we go when they wear it.

Have you made a Scirocco? I would love to see it!
If you don't have this amazing pattern...come back next week for a fun giveaway and special tutorial on how to modify the dress pattern to make something really special. (Next Monday, don't miss it!)
You'll also see some lace leggings that I paired with the dress. They were made using the Ellie pattern from Violette Field Threads. They just go perfectly with the polk-a-dots on the dress...and keep my active girls a little more 'modest.' We're still working on how to be lady-like when wearing a pretty dress or skirt. Work in progress.
Polk-a-dots seem to be my go-to choice these days. Have you made anything with polk-a-dots lately? Or do you have a different favorite, like stripes?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Bloglovin Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email RSS RSS