Jan 5, 2012

Blurb, Slurp...Blog becomes Book

It's hard to believe it...but this little blog has been going for almost 3 years now! I started with this pregnancy announcement post on January 30, 2009. Wow - I can hardly remember what life was like back then with only two kids! :)
I'm really glad we've tried to keep up with the blog since it's a great way to look back and see what's happened in the past whirlwind years. I think amnesia has taken over and if we didn't have this record of our lives we wouldn't remember anything about it!

BUT...I've heard horror stories about Blogger losing all of someone's posts and it makes me nervous that all of those little details would be lost. So I finally bit the bullet and made this little blog into a book. I decided to do it by year and so far, 2009 is as far as I've gotten. I'm now slowly making my way through 2010 and my goal is to finish up 2010 and 2011 by the end of the month.

If you have a blog you want to print a hard copy of (or facebook, or instagram, or hey...maybe you just want to publish a little journal or book), I highly recommend Blurb! I've researched companies like this one on and off for a year or so and this one is easy...fast....and the end result is beautiful.

PLUS - if you order by January 30th you can use the code here (or click on the banner on the right) and get 15% off your book. (just ignore the 'holidays' wording...the code will work through the end of January)

Here's Isa having a little look at our book. She was really confused by the pictures since the 'baby' in our 2009 blog book is Emma...not her or Henry. But she got to see the pictures of herself as a newborn and thought 'that baby' looked 'silly.' :)
 
Now that I've got one of these books under my belt I think I'll try to be more creative in laying out the next one. The hubs is already writing some crazy-sounding endorsements and quotes for the dust jacket (an optional feature from Blurb) and I'm working up a fun cover design and thinking through page designs. Making books could get addictive...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Bloglovin Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email RSS RSS