Apr 3, 2009

Birthday

Finally I'm posting again. I finally sent my computer in for repair, but thankfully we can use Jonathan's in the meantime. (Jonathan is my cousin who is living with us for a few months.)

So another birthday has come and gone. Michael has always said that he thought turning 31 was harder than turning 30 - because you're not close to your 20s anymore! But so far I think 31 and 30 feel about the same.

We had a fun day. Michael got to take the afternoon off. He gave me 2 dozen gorgeous white roses and then we went to a movie. It wasn't very nice of me...but I dragged him to 'Confessions of a Shopaholic.' We were the only ones in the whole theater and surprisingly, Michael didn't even hate the movie!
Photobucket
After the movie we came home and had cake with the kids and Jonathan. Emerald dove right into the yummy cake and was covered in chocolate. Elliott had fun with the noisemakers Michael got for him for our little family party.
Photobucket
Then Jonathan agreed to babysit while we went out to a nice dinner. He even got to change his first diaper...ever! Great job Jomo!

I'm much more practical about presents now and all I could think to ask for was a new trash can (I can't believe how expensive a good one is - yikes!). Michael said he couldn't bring himself to get that for me for my birthday because it wasn't a fun gift. So after dinner he went with me and we picked out new bedding. I have really wanted new bedding for a long time and have had lots of different comforters, quilts, pillows, etc. home but have taken them all back. I didn't fall in love with any of them enough to justify the price. But I finally found one I like! I'll try to post pics of it soon.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I can't believe that on the next birthday in our house...Emerald will be turning ONE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Bloglovin Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email RSS RSS