Mar 24, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me...and a present for you!

Today is my birthday! I'm feeling old-ish now but won't turn down a day of fun and gifts just because I don't want to admit to the fact that I'm getting older. And today I want to spread the birthday fun to YOU too! I will be having a flash sale on the patterns in my shop! I was born at 2:17am (many, many years ago) but since I'll be sleeping at that time I will begin the sale at 2:17pm (Central Standard Time) and it will run for one hour. Use the code BDAY to get 50% off any or all of my patterns.


One of my favorite birthdays in recent memories was when I was dating my husband. I went and had a little birthday mini-spa day while my boyfriend (now my husband) went to my apartment and filled the ENTIRE main room with balloons.
Hundreds of them! Everywhere! He rented a helium tank and blew up balloons until they filled every inch of the ceiling. It was really fun to see them over the following hours and days as each balloon slowly lost helium and floated to the ground. Then the floor of my apartment was covered! SO fun! A totally memorable birthday.

Great memories like that are better than presents, aren't they? But presents are fun too! My kids constantly talk about their 'birthday lists' and add new gift ideas to it all year long. I, on the other hand, did not get my mind in gear quickly enough to put together a birthday list so my husband could get something for me that I actually want.

Better late than never, right? Here are the things on my birthday wish list this year:

This gorgeous necklace from the very talented Ashlee of Ash Jewelry Studio. (photo is from her Etsy shop)
And something sewing related, of course. I've heard so many great things about Ottobre magazine. I'd love a subscription.

There are other things I'd love too (like a new laundry room) but they're bigger and more expensive. Although the laundry room is getting closer...maybe it will be done in time to be my Mother's Day gift this year!

What's your favorite birthday memory or gift you've received?

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Bloglovin Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email RSS RSS