Sep 9, 2013

Project Run & Play Week 1

Hooray! It's the first day of Project Run & Play!

I have never participated in the sew-along before but thought I'd give it a whirl this year and I can't WAIT to see what all the fabulous competitors do each week.

Are you sewing along too? It's not too late if you want to try. You don't have to do all the weeks, just pick your favorites. Click here to get the breakdown of each of the 4 themes.

For the first week, the challenge is to remix the Popover Sundress by Oliver+S. It's a free pattern available here.

I looked at the pattern for quite a while before finally deciding what to do with it. Last week, my family (my husband and kids, my mom, dad, brothers, and their families) ALL went to a waterpark for a few days. It was SO fun and the kids had a blast going down the waterslides over...and over...and over...and...

It was great seeing my 4 month old niece and for the Popover Sundress remix, I just had to make something for her.

Here's Audrey (nicknamed 'Butters') in the pool cover-up I made for her using the pattern.
I left the back the same as the original pattern, but in the front I added a wrap around section so that her cute, chubby baby legs could have plenty of room while sitting on her mama's lap.

I shortened the length of the dress (since Audrey is only 4 months old) and then added a fun ruffle all the way around to make it super girly. I used a simple white terry that I had on hand and, even though it frayed like crazy, I'm happy with how it turned out.
 Oh Butters...you are a doll baby! Don't you just want to squeeze those chubby cheeks?
Here's a look at the front and inside. I stopped the ruffle just inside the wrapped section since I didn't want a bulky ruffle in the layer around her tummy.
So that's my Week 1 Remix. You can see lots of other remixes at Project Run & Play. Wow...there are a lot of creative and talented people sewing along!
http://www.projectrunplay.com/2013/09/season-7-begins-today.html

9 comments:

  1. a very smart way to use this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do want to kiss those cheeks! I love baby rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable! She is so cute and cuddly. I love good size babies. Two of mine were like that. Great remix, Elisa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the addition of the ruffle--looks so cozy to slip on after the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to eat her alive!!!! (and/or snuggle her baby chub--how I love some good baby chub!!!)

    So creative...and so darling on her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is she?!?! I love this idea and think it came together so well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. superior article im gonna bookmark this page ,and great thanks to author for sharing such a info with us

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Bloglovin Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email RSS RSS