Sep 5, 2012

Emerald in emerald

Little Emerald started preschool yesterday. She loved it and feels very grown up now that she gets to go to 'school' too...just like her big brother.
I wanted to make Emma a dress to wear her first day and fell in LOVE with this emerald green fabric. Quite a fitting color for my Emerald, dontchathink? :) I used the Secret Garden Dress pattern by Lily Giggle to make this adorable little dress.
This picture shows a little bit of what the hubs was busy building Labor Day weekend. The front stoop got a much needed makeover. I'll share more about this project soon.
Last week we met Emma's teachers (who already knew her since Elliott had them last year) and were told about a new rule the school has...no preschool sized backpacks. Bummer. Emma had a pretty pink polk-a-dot backpack from Pottery Barn with her name on it already. But the preschool size doesn't fit a full sheet of paper in it so they asked for regular sized bags this year.

Over the weekend I scrambled to get something together for her - and the challenge I was given (by my husband who said we absolutely shouldn't buy another backpack) was to make it for FREE. I used scraps that I had left over from other projects and came up with a cute little bag...with no extra cost. Yay! She loves it and she looked adorable yesterday all ready to go.

I actually put together a little tutorial on how I made the bag. If anyone is interested in it let me know and I'll post it. (I made up the pattern for it as I went along.)
One side had her name:
And the other side had a humongous felt flower with an adorable little button at the center:
So far Emma loves preschool. There are only 6 kids in her class and there are two teachers so she'll get lots of attention and one-on-one time to learn. (the school is really full in the morning sessions of preschool but that's why we love afternoon preschool - there are much fewer kids) It's perfect for her!

1 comment:

  1. wow. love the dress. your best one yet! and i'm crazy about the button on the bag. such a great touch!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Bloglovin Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email RSS RSS