Dec 2, 2011

What Christmas Decorations??

If you have knew me very well "before" the house water-damage-fixing-craziness...you know that one of my favorite things was decorating my house for Christmas. I'm the odd one who owned 4 Christmas trees...bin after bin after bin full of decorations...and anything I could get my hands on that was peppermint-scented!
Last year we were living in our rental house while renovating our house and we didn't set up a single decoration. This year, even though we're back in our house...it's not looking good in the Christmas decorating department.

I sold most of my Christmas stuff when we did a big garage sale earlier this year...and feel like I need to learn how to decorate my 'new' house all over again to make it festive. Personally, the kind of 'decoration' I want hung right now isn't twinkly lights and mistletoe...I'd rather hang doors on the closets and rooms! :)

Nevertheless...the festive atmosphere hit our house for a small time today...craft day with the kids!

And what...you may ask...could this crazy looking bunch make? *

While at my parents' for Thanksgiving I raided my mom's Woman's Day magazine and tore out 4 or 5 pages of wreath-making ideas. The one we made today was the one from the cover and we'll be making several of the others this weekend.

The kids helped unwrap over 3 bags of peppermint candies while I was hastily hot-gluing them onto a wreath form. We love how it turned out!

Fingers crossed I won't find anyone licking it...Isa has her eye on it and I wouldn't put it past her. ;)


Have you made anything fun to decorate your home for Christmas?

*Please excuse the odd-looking dining room. It's still a work in progress. Our new dining table gets delivered next week (YAY!), and I have lots of curtains and chair covers to make so we can finally stop using ugly green shower curtain liners as our curtains. :) Soon I'll post more pics of the room since it's been greatly neglected on this blog so far.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Bloglovin Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email RSS RSS