Jul 11, 2011

Makeup Lessons

Makeup has a strange fascination to it that little girls just can't resist. Ever since she could scoot herself into the bathroom, Emerald has loved watching me put my makeup on. She especially loves it when I put some powder on her or let her have some eyeshadow on her eyes. (little confession...I don't actually put any on her...but I pretend I put some on the makeup brush and so she thinks she's been beautified)

But some makeup like lipstick, eyeliner, and mascara is just off-limits to kids for some very obvious reasons . (Did you see my last post on how much they like to write when given anything that might make a mark?)

Emma knows this but her impulse control issues got the best of her last week. She woke up before I did and when I opened my eyes for the day I saw this...
...my little girl's attempt to put mascara on herself! She actually did a pretty good job getting it evenly on her eyelashes...but as you can see it went a little beyond that. I believe she thought she was the prettiest girl in the whole world until I took this picture and showed it to her. She kept asking..."what's that on my face?"

Note to self...get a lock to put on my makeup bag! I have a sneaking suspicion this won't be the last time one of my girls plays with makeup.

2 comments:

  1. I love it- "What's on my face?!" ---that's the best. I'm laughing right now. Ohhhhh Ems! hiss that cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something else to keep on file for that future children's lit series!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Bloglovin Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email RSS RSS