Apr 16, 2011

A Few Favorites...

A few recent favorites...from the kitchen.

I'm always looking for EASY food to make because the thought of spending all day in the kitchen making food and cleaning up from meals makes me crazy. I've done several different meal planning websites in the past but this is the one I've been doing for the last 6 months or so. I'm too much of a picky eater to eat everything on an entire week's menu, but it has expanded the recipe lists I can choose from and my family loves most of the dishes I've made from this! They're also great meals that 'travel well' and are great for giving meals to anyone who just had a baby, etc.
Make 5 Dinners in ONE hour


Some of the dinners from the site above are crockpot meals and we do some on our own too. But, as I shared in a previous post, I hate the yuck of cleaning dishes...especially the crockpot! So these little babies have been a fantastic addition to my kitchen and actually make me ok with using the crockpot for more meals.



When I'm in a pinch and don't know what to make I grab a bag of these Jimmy Dean sausage crumbles...which I have on hand most of the time. It's simply sausage (turkey or pork) that's ready to go into eggs, on homemade pizzas, put in a skillet with some potatoes, or whatever else you can think of to do with them.





Another thing that I LOVE and wish these had been invented when my kids were all babies...baby food pouches. These are the perfect way to give applesauce or baby food when you're in the car, at the zoo, the park, or anywhere you can't sit and spoon-feed. Love! The biggest downside is that they are expensive and I really wish you could buy the pouches and fill your own. With any luck, that will probably be something available by the time Henry is too old for them. Sigh. :)






And finally...a new show I'm somewhat addicted to on TLC. It's Extreme Couponing. Have you watched it yet? Crazy and amazing! I follow several coupon blogs and am getting more savvy with saving money on groceries...but the people on this show don't really pay for groceries at all! Can you imagine getting carts full of groceries for $5? Or a couple baskets of groceries where you are paid to take it all out of the store? Wow! I won't be getting as crazy as the people on this show because in order to get the good deals they often spend 40+ hours a week looking at coupons...but if I can knock money off of our grocery budget I'm all for spending a few hours trying!

2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to buy slow cooker liners for months now- I went to two different stores this weekend and neither had it. grrr. So I bought oven bags. :-P

    I'm interested in this lady's site you were talking about, could you email me a sample of what you get to work with buy signing up?

    Thank for these tips. I'm glad I'm not the only one who dislikes cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey friend! :) So funny, I had a post on my recipe blog about those crock pot slow cooker bags! GENIUS! :)

    Also, as an FYI, I found something SIMILIAR to the spoon feeder things. My sister just had a baby, and she wanted to know some of my "top baby items" to think about getting for their baby when she was pregnant and this spoon was my TOP favorite baby item! Again, GENIUS! :) Just an FYI! :) I found mine at TARGET! :) Here is a link. http://www.amazon.com/Boon-Squirt-Dispensing-Spoon-Orange/dp/B000WEHO76/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1303443325&sr=8-3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Bloglovin Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email RSS RSS