Mar 23, 2011

Parties!

It's been a long time since we went anywhere as a whole family. Most of the time it's just me and the kids but daddy got to go with us this time! We took a trip up to the Twin Cities for two big parties. The first was a big double birthday party for my parents. My brothers and I surprised them by gathering some family for a surprise birthday dinner at a restaurant there. Charlie had to be sneaky to get my parents up to see him...and they had no idea Andrew flew in and I came up too!

Sadly, I realized as I got out my camera that I had the wrong lens on it and couldn't get pictures...sad. But it was a fun party and a great time celebrating two 'old' people :) and catching up with cousins and aunts and uncles too. And remember this post about the baby shower for Amanda and three of us pregnant at the same time? Well - we all had boys a few weeks apart and we were all together at this party. I can't believe we forgot to get a picture of the babies together! Bummer.

The next day was a baby shower for my sister-in-law Janet. We are so excited about this new little baby who will be arriving in a month or so! I have found a new favorite shower thing...making diaper cakes. They're just so cute! :)

The kids had fun playing with their cousins and one of the highlights for Isa was getting to pet a chicken for the first time! I wish I had gotten out the video camera for this one...she LOVED this chicken! I think she would love any animals at this stage...but we are being 'mean' parents and depriving them...we won't be getting a pet anytime soon.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Bloglovin Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email RSS RSS