Feb 5, 2011

What day is it?

It's fitting that it was Groundhog Day this week. I really like the movie 'Groundhog Day' and have been thinking how similar it is to being a stay-at-home mom. There are many days where I have to stop and think (or look at the calendar on my computer)...what day is it? Many times it's like I'm living the same day over...and over...and over again! It's especially true since Henry arrived and we get out of the house less.

It's also hard to remember what day it is because we don't have 'weekends' like normal with Michael home. Elliott constantly asks me if daddy is 'at work work, or doing house work.' Occasionally he will stick around for an hour or two after the kids wake up on a Saturday morning and when he leaves to work on the other house they say 'bye daddy...come back tomorrow!' They have gone many days in a row without seeing him since he gets home so late at night.
Hopefully all of that will end somewhat soon.

Even though I feel like we're stuck in the same day...time is passing SO fast! You can really tell how much time has gone by after looking at Henry. It's fun to see him giggling and growing into a little personality. Here are some of his pictures from his 'official' 2 month photo shoot. I've never taken monthly pics of any of the kids (where I put the actual monthly milestone in the picture with them) - but decided I'd try it with Henry. It has to start at 2 months though because that's when I got my pickysticky.com stickers to use. (thanks Carissa!)

The pictures below are not very good (in a 'technical' photography sense) but I put them in here because I still like them. The one on the far right just shows Henry's crazy fuzzy hair! :)
And here are all the kids. It's almost impossible to get a good picture of Isa at the moment because she won't hold still long enough. She and Elliott lately have been getting along really well...but she and Emma DO NOT! I'm a little nervous about those two sharing a room when we move back into our house. We'll see how that goes...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Bloglovin Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email RSS RSS