Feb 9, 2011

Oatmeal

Quick food post. :)

I've never really liked oatmeal. I think it's a texture thing...and I'm a really picky eater so it was just one of the things on the long list of foods I couldn't bring myself to eat. :)

But I've tried broadening my horizons a bit for my kids. They LOVE dipping food (any food pretty much) in ketchup or sauce. You won't catch me EVER putting ketchup on anything - but at least I have some in the house now so they can eat it.
Elliott saw someone on tv eating cottage cheese and he asked me what it was. Woops! I guess the fact that I can't eat it doesn't mean they can't.

But oatmeal has been a bit different. I've given the kids oatmeal since they were itty-bitty but I didn't start eating it until Caribou came out with some and I thought I'd try it. It's sad that it took a coffee chain to get me to try it - but I actually liked it!

Then Starbucks added oatmeal to their menu and I'd occasionally try it too. Not too bad. But my latest obsession...seriously I'm obsessed...is McDonald's oatmeal! I think it's delicious!

And now I've ventured into making  more oatmeal at home thanks to Weelicious. I don't remember where I first heard of Weelicious but it's such a great resource! Most of the things she makes for kids has some of what I consider 'icky' foods in it (like cream cheese or yogurt) but the kids love it. Here is her 'oatmeal program' where she shows how to make oatmeal in the crock pot. We've made this several times now and everyone loves it! (just make sure you use a crock pot liner if you try to make it or your pot will never come clean again)

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Bloglovin Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email RSS RSS