Jan 5, 2011

If I had a million dollars...

Right now that song is in my head..."If I had a million dollars I would buy you a fur coat, but not a real fur coat that's cruel!" Ha, ha! If you know that song...I bet it's in your head now too. You're welcome.

So I can't help but think about how nice (and how much faster) it would be to choose fixtures and decorate our house if we had unlimited funds. BUT - we don't so I have to spend countless hours trying to make the house LOOK like a million bucks instead. Well I am quite pleased with my latest find so I have to tell you about it!

If I could swing it I think most of my house would be some combination of Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware. And if I had completely crazy amounts of money I would have Maya Romanoff walls and a Habersham kitchen. One can dream.

Now back to reality. I have been searching high and low for the looks of some of these things at a cheaper price. Literally pouring over websites for hours on end. Here's the first major success that I ordered this week. It's the vanity for the kids' bathroom.

Here's the inspiration:

This is the Newport double sink console from Pottery Barn. The price is $2299 for the sink console only (that includes the shipping surcharge for it). Then the faucets are $349 each and on top of all that you'd have to buy the marble top which could vary in price but easily be $850+. So you're looking at almost $4000 for this look.
Here is our new double vanity. The backdrop in this picture is not nearly as stylish as the one above - but the unit is almost exactly the same! And the best part is that this console with very similar faucets and a carrera marble top and backsplash was all considerably less expensive than if I would have just bought the sink console by itself at PB! YAY!
Now if only I could have found a great deal on the lighting for this bathroom. After showing Michael a dozen or so options ranging in price - he of course chose the most expensive one...the actual Restoration Hardware lights. Not only that - but he decided that we needed to use three of them instead of just two. There are no knock-offs for those but they'll be gorgeous! It's all coming together...finally!

I'll post more finds in the future. Yesterday I actually found a fun blog that finds things like this too. Check it out if you want to find 'copy cat chic' things.

3 comments:

  1. We went with expensive lighting from Restoration Hardware too- it's worth it. I promise! Love this update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Gorgeous! I can't wait to see more!
    (honestly, your husband is convincing you to spend more money?? you're one lucky lady!!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Bloglovin Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email RSS RSS