Nov 23, 2010

It's a BOY!

I'll try to post a few very quick details and a couple pictures...and then I'm off to get my little guy who is currently exercising his lungs and crying quite loudly already!

Henry Xavier was born on Sunday morning at 7:13am weighing 9 pounds 8 ounces and was 21 inches long. The short birth story (maybe I'll post more later for those who want to hear more about it) was that I had steady contractions starting at 6:30pm on Friday night. We went to the hospital around 10ish and even though my contractions got closer together (4 minutes apart) they weren't getting stronger or doing much by 1:30am.

So...we went home. Around 5 the contractions were a little closer together and much more painful so back we went. It took forever to get settled and they had trouble getting my IV started so I could get the antibiotics and fluid I needed. I asked for an epidural...but it was too late! They broke my water at 6:43 and Henry was born 30 minutes later. The midwives thought it would have been a very easy labor except that the little stinker was face up instead of down and let's just say that was no fun!

But we had a semi-restful time in the hospital and are now home with the little man. He definitely has his own look but reminds us a lot of Elliott. I'll post more pics later of the other kids seeing him for the first time and all of the fun and cute little things the big siblings think of their little bro.

Here's a quick pic of our newest addition along with one of our two boys together. I see trouble in the future from these two! :)

3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful baby boy! (and amazing pictures, too) Congrats Elizabeth! And welcome to the world of TWO boys - it's an adventure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! He's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Bloglovin Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email RSS RSS